Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 281 The Perfect Mom Project


Memorial Day 2010
Today we honor the memories of the soldiers who lost their lives fighting for our country. Most of us will spend the day with family and friends eating, drinking and making merry. For our family we are headed to the memorial parade in our town and then breakfast at a friend's house that lives along the parade route. This is a tradition for my girlfriend and her family that we are honored to be a part of. I appreciate the chance to remember the fallen soldiers and applaud the soldiers that march through our town. This is also a chance to share a little bit of the wonderful small town life we live with my family.

 
I am working hard to snap out of the slump I am in. It is affecting my life with my husband and kids, and it is also wrecking havoc with my sleep cycle and my stomach. For whatever reason I am feeling more stress now than I did when I was in the middle of this whole last year. Perhaps I have a case of post traumatic stress disorder. Whatever it is, I am ready for it to be over. Stepping out of my own life and remembering the lives of others who have endured much worse is a good reminder of the blessings my life does hold. Today is about those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for America.

No comments: