Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 273 The Perfect Mom Project

I am ready for school to be out. I am tired of the school projects and the concerts and the rushing around. I want lazy summer days and time with my kids, but mostly I want a break from the racing around. I am ready to plan some short summer getaways and drink lemonade and eat popsicles with three colors. It is time to just be. No agendas, no worries, just relaxing and taking time to smell the flowers.

This last year has taught me that life is short and unexpected things can happen at any moment. It does not make sense to wait to enjoy life when it is more convenient or affordable, the time is now and I am chomping at the bit to get at it. What will the days, months and years ahead bring? There is no time to look back and say I should have or could have. I need to live now. I want to laugh more. I want to hug my kids more and tell them I love them. There will be no more letting life fling me around like a ship on rough seas. I am building a life raft and I am moving on.

I am rubbing my hands together today thinking hmmmnnn…what are some things we can do this summer? What else can we do around our house? Where can we go and when? What fun to open the door to possibilities. Today the sun is shining inside and out and I like it! "Hold on to the life raft kids, we are riding the rapids and I am not sure where we will end up!"

No comments: