Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 253 The Perfect Mom Project


Todays photo is my little Avery at her fifth grade graduation
Today is Avery's birthday, she is 14. We started the morning with cinnamon rolls and a card and we will end the day with a good dinner that she has chosen and cake and presents. It will be a fun day for her and I am excited to share it with her, she has a treat to share with her girl friends at lunch and she is excited, so excited that she was ready to go to school a half hour early.

 

I am determined to keep her day on track. Mark and I had decided last night that if we got the call about my Dad in the middle of the night, or this morning, we would not tell the girls. We did not want Avery to lose her excitement for her special day ahead. I know my Dad would want that. About two weeks ago as I was talking to my Dad on the phone he talked about her upcoming birthday. I told him I was surprised he remembered, I told him I forget all the time and then I am racing around at the last minute. Whatever our differences are he always remembered my girls.

 

Mark and I both tense when we hear the phone. The waiting and wondering is difficult. My Dad is his own man and I am afraid that he is determined to fight God's plan. My sisters have not rested in days. My sister that lives there has tried talking with them and encouraging them to get some rest, but they do not want to leave him. We all deal with these times differently. My Dad had refused Hospice, because he felt it would bring the end all the sooner, and now when my family could use the care and comfort of the Hospice nurses, they have nothing. I am sad for all of them, Dad, my sisters and their families.

 
I must focus on the plans for the day and move forward as best I can. My girls and my husband are some of the best things that have ever happened in my life and I must maintain my focus on them. They are my present and my future. Today is also my oldest daughters 2nd anniversary. There are so many positive and happy memories today to help heal the sadness and worry. Regardless of anything else life for those left here on earth goes on.

No comments: