Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 258 The Perfect Mom Project


Todays photo...some time out with Aunt Nina 2008
My youngest Avery called last night to tell us how much fun she was having on her school trip to Chicago. She thanked us for "letting" her go and told as antidotes about her day. It was great to hear her voice and feel her excitement at being on her own without Mom and Dad. When Aly got home from school yesterday, she had a snack, checked her Facebook (an absolute must) and then prepared to go to her friends for a sleepover party. Mark and I dropped her off at her friend's house, and then we were alone.

 
Our lives are changing quickly now; Aly is just a couple of months away from getting her driver's license and Avery will be joining her in high school next year. Mark and I will be alone together much more often as the girls become involved in school activities, start driving and getting (hopefully at some point) jobs. Mark and I will be living a new normal. I am looking forward to these new horizons. I have loved the hands on years, making Halloween costumes and birthday cupcakes for school and being on the PTO. Now I am excited to see what becomes of a Mom who is working her way out of a job. What direction will I take now? I can choose many paths; it is just up to me which one. Whatever path I take, I plan to keep a shortcut open to my girls. They are absolutely the three best things I have ever made from scratch. Mark and I will enjoy our alone time, no doubt about that, but our time with our girls is great too.

 
Today Aly and I will be going to a Mother's day brunch with my Aunt Nina. They are having this event at her Senior Community and I am looking forward to sharing this time with her. It will be good to be with my Aunt and hear her all too familiar stories. All I really want right now is a slice of normal with a little scoop of being anxiety free on the side. If it means that I spend time with my aunt, I will take it! By the end of the evening tonight, I will have all my girls back home under the same roof, with Avery coming home from Chicago and Ashleigh and Scott coming to visit. Being alone with Mark is fabulous, but having my girls around me is just the slice of normal I need right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice Mrs. Beadle!