Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 276 The Perfect Mom Project


To the Parents of Avery;

 
Congratulations! Avery will be the recipient of an academic award at the Middle School Honors evening to be held on Wednesday June 2, 2010.

 
With that letter yesterday it is official, middle school is almost over. The hard work, stress, tears and laughter of the last few years is almost over for my youngest child. When she steps through the doors of the high school next year, she will be on the educational zip line of her life. The four years of high school flew by when Ashleigh was there, and the time continues to fly for Aly. Now with Avery up there as a freshman, I am sure it will be like watching my life flash before my eyes. I am proud of all of my girls. They are hard workers who know what they want.

 
There is no way to know what the magic mix is that makes your kids who they are. As much as my kids are different they are the same. Each one of my girls has the gift of determination. They are also gifted with individual talents that they have mined and worked on like stones that are tumbled until smooth. No one could be more proud of the people they have become then me. After the life that I have left behind, I can hold my head high knowing that despite some minor character issues, (extremely emotional, stubborn, etc) my girls have broken the dysfunction mold. Little things crop up here and there, but for the most part, I think we are on the right track.

 
Tonight is our final middle school vocal concert. Avery is planning to sing a solo and as I write I can hear her practicing her song. Last week as Aly prepared to sing a solo at her vocal concert at the high school, I sat in my sit with my heart pounding. I was flush and nervous and tense waiting for her to begin. This is how I was with Ashleigh as she made her way through school too. If I am going to be honest, this is how I am watching all of them make their way through life. I am on the edge of my seat, heart pounding with excitement and nervousness.

No comments: