Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 282 The Perfect Mom Project

This week I am carpool mom and tonight I am soccer mom. Tomorrow night, I will be a celebrating my youngest daughters academic success mom at the middle school. I will also not be a thespian banquet mom for Aly, because both events are scheduled for the same evening at the same time. Since I cannot be everywhere at once I had to choose. I went with the Honors night at the middle school since it is the last one, after this we are an all in high school family. Which also will equal a broke family, since yearbooks alone cost $65.00 and I will now be buying two.

The last few weeks of school are taking their toll on all of us. The girls are tired of homework and tired of getting up early, tired of making their lunches and just plain tired. Avery is worn out from a long weekend of camping and has announced this morning that I am" irritating" her. I said "That's funny, because you are irritating me too!" We are off and running this morning busy irritating each other. Aly had a busy social life this weekend. She had a never ending itinerary that started with her successful bonfire Friday night and ended yesterday evening, with a movie at a friend's house. I guess if we are tired it is probably from trying to start summer before school is even over. We are all burning the candle at both ends. We have nine days left of school and I am counting them down. With the end of school comes what Mark likes to call the "endless summer", and this year I need it more than my kids do!

No comments: