Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 297 The Perfect Mom Project

We are trying to get summer going at our house, but it is a real slow start this year. Our pace is still busy. There is no feeling of life slowing down. This week is zipping along. Monday with Avery not feeling well, I did things around my house. I honestly am not 100 % yet either and enjoyed our sick day. Yesterday I went to the bank, the grocery store, the doctor and the hair salon. It was a whirl wind of activity and then after I made and served dinner I added a long walk with my girlfriend. Today the girls and I are meeting some friends for breakfast and then we will finally make Avery's clothing return. Tonight the girls will go on their annual dinner and book shopping date that Mark's parents take them on for their birthdays. Mark has suggested that we do something too, so I took him up on that!

Tomorrow I head to Ashleigh's for an overnighter. She is having a garage sale and it seemed like a good excuse to spend some time with my oldest. I am looking forward to getting away for a short time. I am hoping it will recharge me a little. Avery has hinted around quite a bit about going along with me, and I have had to force myself to not feel guilty for not taking the girls along. I am sure the girls will come up with a plan t do something within moments of my leaving. They have already been working on Mark to have a sleepover here on Thursday night. However Mark has to constantly remind them that he has to go to work. This means, with me not home there is no one to run interference to remind the girls to keep quiet so Dad can sleep and it also means no adult supervision Friday morning when he leaves for work. We are just not prepared to do that yet. We are very mean parents.

Over all their first week out of the summer gate is slow, but I am certain that they will gain some ground by next week. There is never a dull moment at the hacienda! I have very creative girls that like keeping busy. That means that within the next couple of days they will probably have almost the entire summer planned. That works for me, the busier they are the better. It will make the summer more fun for everyone. It will especially keep them off the computer and away from my arch enemy…the T.V.! That makes it a win/win for all of us.

No comments: