Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 287 The Perfect Mom Project


Yesterday did not go as planned at all. We all went to Avery's soccer game. Mark (the coach for the team), me the sideline parent, Avery the soccer player and Aly who in the 11th hour was called in to be a substitute player for the last game of the season. It was fun watching both the girls on the soccer field. Aly had not played soccer since 4th grade, but she still had some great moves. I did tease her some, because she runs like a girl. She had her arms at her sides with her pinkies out a little. Her physical appearance looked like she was saying in her head as she ran, "Oh dear, oh dear oh dear!" None the less she did a great job working with the other girls on the team. Our proud moment came when Avery made her first goal ever. After eight years of paying soccer she finally got a goal! It was a great way to end the soccer season.

The rest of the day was quiet. I did poke through the box of moldy pictures a little more. Looking at those pictures brought up some "I wish" feelings. Wondering, if things had been different with my Mom and me, how would our lives have been different today? I am not one to normally look back and say "I should of, or I could of". I am generally happy playing the hand I am dealt, but the pictures in the box have me looking down the rabbit whole wondering if my world could have been different, what would I have changed? The answer is nothing. The change would have had to come from my Mom; I have been trying to live a good and happy life. That is the conscious choice I made long ago. My Mom lived out the life that she chose and regardless of what either of us would have wanted to change, here we are. Mom is gone and I remain to turn the family in a new direction. I guess if I am going to play the hand I was dealt then to borrow a term from poker, "I'm ALL in!

No comments: