Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 284 The Perfect Mom Project

Last night my family had to remind me that today would only be Thursday. I had it in my mind that it was Friday, wishful thinking I guess. I feel like even with Memorial Day last Monday, this week has been too long. We were up later than normal last night since the girls were both excited about their evenings. They each had so much to talk about and the energy level was high. Avery was excited, because she had set a goal for herself at the beginning of the year and she succeeded. She had wanted to achieve all A's for the entire year. Aly was excited, because she was inducted into the National Thespian Society and she was also recognized for her hard work in theater this year. Both girls were sitting at the end of our bed talking a mile a minute (not exactly conducive to falling asleep).

It was wonderful watching Aly and Avery so excited about their accomplishments. I realized last night that all three of ours girls had been invited to honors night all three years when they were in the middle school. Knowing that middle school is tough enough just from an emotional stand point, I was very proud of all of them for working hard and staying focused on school, no easy task when your hormones are in charge. Now that the concerts, plays and honors nights are over, we are all focused on the finals that started on Tuesday and continue through the end of next week. Saturday is our last soccer game of the year, so our summer will be wide open for some fun after that. We are also going to be learning Spanish this summer since both girls have decided to try to test out of first year Spanish. It seems that every time we slow down around here, we speed up with something else.

Mom is ready for some down time. I have been in high gear for a while and it is taking its toll on me. Tomorrow is my last carpool drive of the year, so I can check that off my to do list and with only four more full days of school, my grocery list will not have to include lunch box items for a while. All in all I am making my way through the teen years and puberty like a safari guide through the jungle, pushing aside the tall grass and vines that get in my way so that we can get to the clearing. It's been a real adventure so far, I can only imagine what excitement lies ahead.

No comments: