Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 298 The Perfect Mom Project


In just a few minutes I will be heading out the door to spend the day and night with my daughter Ashleigh and her husband Scott. I just wanted a chance to see Ashleigh. It has been about a month since I saw her last and I miss her. During a recent phone call she mentioned she was having a garage sale today and tomorrow, as we talked we decided it would be a great time to visit with her and help her out during the sale.

 
My younger girls will be home with Mark. I am hoping that one of them will work on cleaning her room (guess who), and the other one will try very hard not to mother said messy room girl. As I climb in the car I will put all that foolishness behind me and focus on some me time. My brain has been full for so long that it will be hard to shut it off, but perhaps the two hour ride there today and back tomorrow will give me time to think and sort through many of the things I have stored in my head. It will be like cleaning a closet. I will have to decide what I really need to hang on to and what needs to go.

 
I want to focus on the summer months ahead, and the time I will have with my girls. I have been swerving on and off the perfect Mom path lately, I am hoping a few hours away, will help me refocus on the job I have as a Mom. It is just like the battery recharge I spoke about recently, it will be a Mom recharge. I am so fortunate that Mark gives me the freedom to run away from time to time. Without these opportunities to take a break from my real life now and then I might go stark raving mad! As I talked with Mark last night about how much I appreciated this time away, I also mentioned he should give it a shot some time. Why should I be the only one that gets recharged? He did not seem that interested right now, but the seed is planted and maybe with some nurturing it will grow. Well, its time to hit the road, I will talk with you tomorrow!

No comments: