Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 305 The Perfect Mom Project

I hit the ground running yesterday. I went to visit with Aunt Nina in the morning and ended up spending more time there then I had planned. As we sat talking, I mentioned to her that I thought we should get her hearing checked. More and more she has to ask what we are saying, maybe she needs her ears cleaned out? Her response was "No I am going to die soon". I decided that I am not going to play these games with her anymore, so I replied to her "Um, actually God decides that and he might be thinking of using you here for another 10 years!" She was not happy. I am still trying to understand why she wants to be miserable. Is it for attention and pity? Her misery does not love company!

I left Nina's flew home grabbed the girls and drove them to their Spanish lesson. I then ran some errands and picked them back up an hour and a half later, raced home and started getting ready for Mark's Mom and Dad to come over. We celebrated his Mom's birthday and Fathers day with them. It was a delicious meal and an enjoyable evening, but I was beat! It felt good to climb into bed and call it a day.

Today starts another day of running. I am meeting up with two of my sisters for breakfast two hours from my home to discuss this giant mess my Dad left behind almost two months ago. It is like this snowball that is picking up steam as it rolls down the hill. We are working hard to stop it! On top of that I am leaving the girls for the second day in a row. I know they will be fine, but I still feel like a bad Mom. I think that they will be pretty busy though. They have laundry to do and dishes to put away. I think that will keep them busy for a little while. If they call to tell me they are bored, I have cleaning out the garage up my sleeve. Actually, if I keep this up they might like it better when I am home. Sound like a plan to me!

No comments: