Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 114 The Perfect Mom Project



Excuse me...this is the third day I have asked you to put your shoes away, get on it! Why is it so hard for my family to put away their stuff? I am constantly pointing at something and asking "Can you put that away?" Honestly wouldn't it be better if instead of saying that they will, they were just honest and said "No" right then. Why lead me on with OK, and then not do it?


My favorite part is that by day three or four, I am not saying "Can you pick up your shoes?" I am yelling "PICK UP THESE SHOES, I HAVE ASKED YOU THREE TIMES!!" The response I get then is "Jeez, Mom you don't have to yell." Really, because I thought maybe your hearing was going and that is why you did not do what I asked! I feel like there are days that I walk around with my eyes bugging out of my head out of pure frustration. It would be real nice if when I asked my children to pick things up that they jumped up and did it. Avery will sometimes just sit there and look at me and then say, "I will, as soon as you leave the room." like I am watching her and it makes her uncomfortable. The problem is as soon as I leave the room, she forgets to do what I asked. It is a vicious circle!


I have threatened to put anything that is left out in a basket and charge them with chores to get their stuff back. It would be a great way to get them to do all the housework, because I am sure the basket would always be full. The only thing is, I always worry that they will need whatever I have in my goody box and I will not be able to give it to them, then I will feel bad. If you think about it though it is way better then walking around with my eyes bugging out yelling at everyone.


Well, perhaps I will try it, what is the worst that can happen, it fails miserably and we go back to square one? Look, I am still working on this perfection thing and I only have my own experience to work with here, so if I have to experiment to get some action, then that is what I have to do. Anything is better then where we are at now! I am off to change the future of my home, watch and learn!

(OK, I know it is a little showy, but I want to exude confidence about my idea.)
By the way, I did take a photo of a very light day at the back door!

No comments: