Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 101 The Perfect Mom Project


Well, I spent another 4 hours on the road yesterday. I drove out to my daughter Ashleigh's to pick up my dog Roxanne. Ashleigh watch Roxanne for us while we were out of town. It is good to have my dog home with me, I love it when she cuddles with me. So everything is pretty much back in place here at home. The only trouble is...IT IS WEDNESDAY!

How did this happen? Where did the week go? Have you ever been driving your car and you realize you just drove to your destination, and you remember nothing about getting there? That's how this week feels to me. I have to work on things around my house today to get ready for an annual progressive dinner we are part of. Everyone will be coming to my house on Saturday, I need to get my house clean and my mind focused on my part of the dinner, salad. I have an idea what type of salad I am going to do, it is just getting to the store and preparation that will be on my list in the next couple of days.

With the progressive dinner, we move from house to house for each course, and it is great fun. Each year we push the start time back a little earlier, because we take so long at each house. We are all good friends and see each other regularly, but we always seem to find endless things to talk about. It is actually a good thing to have something so fun and positive to focus on.

In the middle of cleaning today, I still need to pick up Aly after school, from a rehearsal for a Thespian competition this weekend. After Avery and Aly grab a bite to eat here at home, it is off to a rehearsal for a play they are in the first part of January.

You would think with all these rehearsals, there would be someone that we could ride share with. Nope, not so much! Oh well, I can always use some of the time that they are rehearsing to squeeze in some Christmas shopping. Christmas is another thing that has snuck up on me this year. I am totally off my game. I do not even have a list of Christmas items for people like I usually do.

If nothing else all is right in my world, because my dog Roxanne is home. I will focus on the little things in hopes that it keeps me moving forward. Lets see...drive Avery and her friend to school, clean my house, drive the girls back and forth and then maybe spend sometime with my husband. Who? You know the guy, he drove us over 2,200 miles last week and brought us home safe. He might want a little attention too. Being a Mom is multifaceted!

No comments: