Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 107 The Perfect Mom Project

OOPS! Wrote it and forgot to post it...sorry!

This is day two of "That's not fair!" Last night as the family was trying to decide who I should pick up and where, that comment came out again.



Here is the thing...Avery wanted me to drop her off at the high school so she could watch a friend try out for the Holiday Talent Show this afternoon. I tried to explain to her that last week when I dropped her and Aly off they were done in half an hour. I do not want to drive her there and then turn around and go back in 30 minutes, that is A, B is that I am already going up to the high school this afternoon to pick Aly up since she is staying after for Forensics Club. So, I would pick up Aly at 3:30 PM and then drop Avery off at 4:00 PM, and then go back to get Avery at 4:30 PM? ALL Right, THAT IS IT!!!



Apparently, it is not fair that I pick Aly up from school when she stays after for practices and meetings if I will not drive Avery up to the school to watch her friend tryout for this Holiday Talent Show. Never mind that I pick Avery up from school once or twice a week for a variety of reasons. Seriously, I am going to have to have a family meeting, because, I do not think it is FAIR that I have to drive kids all over town like that is all I am here for. Last night after several minutes of how unfair all of this is, I finally said, "I AM NOT A TAXI CAB!" I am sure that I yelled this out, but no one reacted to the comment at all, so I am starting to wonder if I am now invisible, which would make it more difficult for me to drive my children.



Aly told me last night that when she mentioned to a friend that she might not do the show at her church,(you know the one where I lost it driving the girls home last week) her friend's Mom got aggravated. The Mom offered to give Aly a ride if she still wants to do the show. I said that's fine, if she wants to drive go ahead, but now I am starting to feel like maybe we all need to slow down around here. I am sorry if people are disappointed that I am not willing to drive every bloody place, but I am not even able to think anymore. I still have to go see my Aunt Nina today and get some groceries and possibly some Christmas presents. It is not like I am sitting here eating bonbons and being fanned by the pool boy! I want my girls to be involved and have interests, however, their involvement and interests require my assistance right now, so I think that accusing me of not being fair is the wrong move. I would like to remind my children, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!



I just waved good-bye to Avery as the carpool pulled away. Our last conversation as she headed to the car was...OK, so if you do not call then you are not staying after for the Dodge ball Tournament., otherwise if you call me I will pick you up around 5:30 PM. As you can see she has moved on from the whole talent show thing. Still in the mix is that I am picking Aly up at 3:30 PM from school. Somehow, I think my kids would be in a world of hurt if I suddenly stopped driving them places. Obviously, I cannot do that, but I like thinking about it. It makes me feel like I really do have a choice. Still on the agenda for a family discussion is how Mom is not a cab service. Perhaps after I pick everyone up tonight, we will talk about that...what's wrong with this picture?

No comments: