Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 105 The Perfect Mom Project


Well, I am going to be in my jammies a long time today. The progressive dinner went very well, but I am exhausted! We started at 5:00 PM last night, and at 1:00 AM I had to go home. I was done! From what I heard my hearty friends hung on until 2:00 AM, by then I was in dreamland.

It was nice to be with my friends and eat, drink and be merry. Every home offered something delicious to eat.We talked about many things and it was nice not to have my family stuff on the agenda. I am so tired of thinking of it and talking about it.

Aly did not get home from her competition until about 1:00 AM, and Avery had one of her best friends spend the night and they were still up when we all got home, so we are all dragging. After a little more resting, we will have to get in the swing of things again. Avery is going to a holiday event at our church with her youth group and I have been invited to an Advent Tea at a friends church tonight. There is no rest for the wicked! I am going to have to get in the holiday spirit sooner or later, my friends are working real hard to make it happen. If I do not get there soon, I could pass out trying.

Honestly, I started a Christmas list this morning, and I am feeling better about the holidays then I did yesterday. It could be that the wine we had last night has pickled my brain and made it possible for me to think more clearly. Not probable, but you never know. One thing is for sure, I am very fortunate to have a great group of friends looking out for me. I am hopeful for a good week with many activities. My girls are always up to something and this week will be no exception. So, all aboard the Christmas Crazy train. Everyone hold on and be ready for anything!

No comments: