Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 112 The Perfect Mom Project


I had a complaint from a blog reader yesterday, about my recent erratic blogging. Once this week I wrote the blog and headed out for the day forgetting to post it, and another day (yesterday) no blog until the late afternoon. I have to apologize, I assure you it is as frustrating to me as it is to you. Writing this blog each morning is like a steamy cup of coffee, it helps me regroup and move forward. I hold my coffee mug in my hands and stare at the computer screen and figure out what is ready and willing to pour out of me each day. Once I am done pouring out my thoughts, I am ready to get going for the day. When this process does not happen I am unable to regroup and move forward. I will do my best to make sure you are not let down again Oh Faithful Reader! I know at this point it will sound like an excuse, but I have to explain what happened yesterday, because it was a huge turn around in my Christmas blues.

On Friday morning as I was working out with my girlfriends my friend mentioned that there was a great sale starting bright and early(7:00 AM) Saturday morning at a store selling some great items for only $5.00 each. Being a sucker for clearance and sale items, I was intrigued and told her I would ride shotgun if she wanted to head over there. There were two great things about this idea,

  1. This was my best friend that shops with me each and every year the day after Thanksgiving(which you will remember I missed this year because I was in New Orleans).

  2. I could start my Christmas shopping which I had been putting off for lack of enthusiasm.

Well, as you know, the night before was the 8th grade dance and I was there with Avery. Then following the dance Mark and I took her over to the after party. The after party was still hopping at midnight when I looked at Mark and said "Sorry, but I need to go...I have to get up early to write my blog and shop." You do not hear that everyday! So home we went and I climbed into bed to sleep around 12:45 AM. When my alarm went off somewhere around 5:00 AM my enthusiasm for writing was waning, so I rested for another twenty minutes. That twenty minutes is what made my posting in the morning improbable.

The upside to this downside is that I was able to get a lot of Christmas shopping done. What started as a quick early morning run turned into a day of full out Christmas shopping. It was like the day after Thanksgiving redo of 2009! I suddenly had the Christmas spirit, that I was longing to find for the last two weeks. I kept telling my girlfriend that I had my mojo back! It was amazing how quickly my attitude turned around. I was saying "Merry Christmas" to everyone and laughing and best of all I was actually thinking of things I would like to get for others this Christmas.
I woke up this morning, and I still have that light hearted feeling. I lit some candles near me and plugged in some Christmas lights. The only thing missing is a little Christmas music, which I will take care of in just a few minutes. It feels good to have my Christmas spirit, I think this is what Mr. Scrooge must have felt like after his long night of reviewing his transgressions. I am excited for the days ahead. I have time planned with another of my best friends to shop and Friday this week Mark took off work, so that we can spend the day together and finish up our Christmas shopping. Its going to be a busy week, started off today with a visit with Great Aunt Nina.


I am ready for Christmas, bring it on, I am not going to let anything distract me now. I AM BACK!! YEA! Super Christmas Moms unite!!



No comments: