Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 9 The Perfect Mom Project



Today I have included a video from YouTube. It is a video of the song "The Reason" by Hoobastank. I have heard this song many times and have always really liked it. One day last week, as I heard this song I realized it described how I felt as a Mom. Just the beginning alone. "I'm not a perfect person" reminds me that each day we try our best at raising our kids. I just do not think that as a child you realize your parents are really just people.


Honestly, this song pretty much describes how I feel most days with my family. The things I do, the reason I do those things is all about them. There really are very few moments in any given day that are just about me. There are things I do with my kids (actually my husband too!) I wish I could take back, things I never meant to do. Each day is an opportunity to start over new, and these beautiful beings are the reason I keep trying.

I guess in away this is my declaration that I am not perfect, and the possibility to become perfect is limited. However I am determined to explore every inch of motherhood, I just wanted to make sure I put all my cards on the table. I do not want you to think that I have delusions that I will actually become perfect at the end of this year. What I plan is that by the end of the year I will at least have my journey somewhat documented. Perhaps young mothers starting out will be able to see that as Mom's we are always works in progress. Mistakes are made and we work through them. So here I go off to another day of motherhood belly flops, wish me luck!

No comments: