Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 8 The Perfect Mom Project

Well, it has been a week of working towards perfect mothering. Here are a few things I have noticed this week. First of all, there is an endless supply of items that you can write about when it comes to mothering! Second, most people will discuss this topic with no problem. I feel very confident that I will have many many conversations to share with you through the remainder of the year. Honestly, my family loves me so much, that they supply me with material for my blog every single day.

This week is our final week of summer vacation. I am not sure how it will play out. Will my kids try to cram everything that they have not done all summer into this week, or will they be zonked out and ready for the routine of school? I am very curious how this will go. One thing is for sure once Thursday hits they will be very busy celebrating Peach Festival, which is a big thing here in our little town. There is a carnival and craft show. Festivities everywhere you look. This is like our last hurrah before school starts next Tuesday.

Peach festival is a lot of fun and as the kids have gotten older they have been enjoying more and freedom. This year should be a new test, because they have already made plans and have not even asked me if it is OK. I think I am starting to fall out of the loop. The interesting part is that I am their ride. I am just thinking that if I needed a ride somewhere I would probably speak with the chauffeur. I think I have been driving them so much this summer that they have forgotten that I am not hired help. I will be working on reminding them that I am in a volunteer position, and hopefully they will at least tip me when they get out of the car. I could use the cash, so that I can enjoy the weekend too. Put on your sit belts folks this is going to be an interesting week of working towards perfection!

No comments: