Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 6 The Perfect Mom Project

This morning as I sit looking out at the lake view from my oldest Daughter's back porch, I find myself enjoying a little maternal glow. Seeing my Daughter and Son-in-law making a home for themselves is such a wonderful feeling. I have to admit I am taking a majority of the credit for their happiness. Obviously, I am not here everyday to guide them through, but they seem to do all right.

I guess what I am really getting at is that it is wonderful to have one of your children make it out into the world and make a go at it. Two reasons...they are no longer your financial responsibility and they are a sign that you might know what you are doing, when it comes to parenting. I know that, that might be a stretch, but I feel it is important to pat myself on the back for any success. There is no measuring stick that I know of for good parenting, so I choose to believe that my kids being launched and out there making their own way, is a good sign.

So today I will walk around with a lovely glow that is not from the sun (since it is definitely not sunny out today). I will be glowing parental success. Now, I still have the two younger ones that are works in progress, so I may get knocked down a peg or two today. I will just have to use my Mom deflector shield and try to make it out unscathed today.

No comments: