Monday, August 24, 2009

Crazy Lady

It has been 3 months since my Mom passed away. Since I did not have a lot of contact with her in the last years of her life and since we were not very close I never really expected her passing to affect me to deeply. Boy was I wrong, I have been struggling ever since. My biggest struggle is that I feel like I never really had a Mom. Of course I had a Mother, but not a Mom. Someone I could call to vent or hang out with and laugh with. Someone that I felt genuinely loved me and wanted to be a part of my life.

I have been feeling like I really missed out. If I did not have that in my life how can I be that for my kids. How can I be what I needed for my kids? Is it possible to be a good Mom if you did not have one? Is it possible to give what you did not get?

I am dedicating the next year starting today to exploring being a GOOD Mom. This will be my journey. I will be exploring what good really is and whether you can actually obtain good motherhood. I will share each days successes and failures. Hopefully in this journey I will learn something that will help me move on from my sadness and help bring some understanding of what a good Mom really is and what it means.

Is there such a thing as...The perfect Mom?

No comments: