Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 34 The Perfect Mom Project

My oldest daughter Ashleigh is here visiting for the weekend. We had a nice day together yesterday. We did not really do to much, we went to visit with my Great Aunt Nina and hung out mostly, but it was a good day. We are looking forward to today. I and all of my daughters are going to do a little shopping and some more hanging out. Just a relaxing time while our husbands are away on a golf trip together.

It sounds funny to use the phrase "all of my daughters", it sounds like a large group. I know to some we seem like a large family, but I have never thought of us that way. Actually for someone that started out wanting to have only one child, I think I have progressed rather well. Each one of the girls is so different from the other it is like I have the bonus pack. It is sort of like when you buy the cool box of Crayola's with the bonus of super cool colors included. I had one fabulous daughter and then 11 years later I added the "bonus super cool colors"! They are a colorful group, with amazing perspectives. They each have something different about them that makes them special. Each one is no better then the other, because they each have gifts and talents that blend well with the other. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to bring them into this world. I am sure that they will each make a memorable mark (with thier super cool colors) on our world!

Last night I brought out the picture board from my Mom's funeral. Even after 5 months I have not been able to take the pictures off of it. Each time I bring it out I become frozen. I look at all of the pictures of my Mom and I together. We look so happy. I know that we had some good times together, it just never felt as easy and as comfortable as it does with my girls. As each of my girls is getting older we are developing amazing relationships. Each relationship being different , but special just the same. While I am sad that my Mom and I never really shared that type of connection, I believe that I have the knowledge to keep these relationships with my girls healthy and strong.

My oldest daughter Ashleigh has offered to help me get the picture board pictures into an album this weekend. I think I am going to take her up on that, I know I need to move forward and let the past go. This could be a step in the healing process and at the same time an opportunity to bond. I like the thought of that.

Our family
is a circle of strength
and love. With every birth
and every union, the circle grows.
Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together
makes the circle
stronger.
Unknown Author

No comments: