Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 23 The Perfect Mom Project

One of the important tasks for any Mom, but especially for a "good" or "perfect" mom, is the school lunch. Providing all the ingredients for your children's lunches can be a very strategic process. Yesterday morning as I was slowly waking, listening to the pretty music on the radio, I panicked. I suddenly realized we were out of bread. Here it is Monday morning, and I have no bread for lunches, real nice! It took me a minute, because at one point I thought that I had just dreamed we were out of bread. I was able to confirm that it was not a dream when I asked my husband. Shoot!

Well, as I have stated more then once I have a great husband! After he was dressed for work he ran up to the grocery store and picked up some bread for the girls lunches, along with some pretzels and jelly. Perhaps he is bucking for my job? The other possibility is he took one look at me as I climbed out of bed and did not want to frighten anyone that early in the morning.

Aly began making her lunch while Mark was gone and decided to have cheese and crackers, along with a granola bar and I am not sure what else. She expressed her desire to have something else in her lunch and I suggested Cheez Its. She replied "That is cheese over load Mom". OK, if you people are going to be picky, we are going to go nowhere fast! Besides, I do not think there is really cheese in Cheez Its.

The problem is that most times no one tells me we are out of something I discover it on my own or I hear about it as the older daughter grabs the last of something before the younger daughter can get her hands on it. I expressed to Aly yesterday that as shocking as it is I do not have mental telepathy, so if you are just thinking we are out of something, I probably will not get the message. Honestly, I have really fallen off the grocery shopping wagon. During the summer it was not as big a deal, now I have the girls brain cells to worry about, breakfast being the most important meal of the day and all. I really need to get back at it or my Mothering Licence could be revoked.

Don't get me wrong, we have food here, but according to the kids, it is not good food. They are looking for all the quick "throw it in a bag and run " kind of food, and everything I have takes some work. The other issue is that when I do buy what they consider "good" food, they wolf it down in 24 hrs and I am back to square one. I have asked them to put their suggestions on a shopping list I have going, and I hope that I can get out there today and restock the cupboards. In the mean time I have to get in the kitchen and whip up some oatmeal for my youngest, since I was just informed we are out of cereal. AARRGGHHH!

No comments: