Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 28 The Perfect Mom Project

The dress decision has been made! It is with great excitement that I share with you that we have a dress for homecoming. It is with even more excitement that I share with you it did not cost me a dime! A very good friend of ours has a daughter close in age to Aly. She let her know yesterday that she just might have something that would work for her. It is a beautiful dress on Aly and it will work out great! YEA!

We did, however, have to go out last night and do some looking around just in case the right dress was really hanging on a rack at the mall. This time spent with Aly last night was the best we have had in a long time. She is so busy growing up and becoming her own person, it is tough sometimes for us to relate. It was fun to just go out looking for a dress with no expectations. I have to admit we did get side tracked now and then. You can not expect a girl to just walk past all the great deals without at least taking a peek.

The main thing is that we enjoyed our time together. We just hung out. I was not trying to mother her or push her into a decision. She was open to try things just to see if it might work. I found myself liking my daughter very much! I remember watching my oldest become a person. It is such a weird feeling to have them so dependent on you one day and the very next they are making decisions only they can make and they are doing it with confidence. This is probably how the Momma bird feels when her babies are learning to fly.

At this point I feel good about my birdie. She is becoming a lovely young women. I know that she will have times when she can not quite get in the air, but for the most part I think she is going to be all right. Now, for the last baby bird, she can barely make it out of bed on her own right now, I think I still have some work with that one!

No comments: