Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 32 The Perfect Mom Project

I think I like winter the best. Summer is great, I love warm weather, wearing sandals and shorts and sipping beverages on the deck or by a pool. Fall the trees are beautiful, the cider is yummy and I love eating all those comfort foods it was too hot to eat in the summer. Spring, well I live in Michigan, so I do not think we actually even have spring here. It is more like a mild winter up until the first part of May.

But, winter is calm. The pace is different, my whole house seems more peaceful. In the winter we do not seem to have all the rushing around that we experience this time of year. I spend most of the fall feeling like my hair is on fire. It must have a lot to do with school starting. Everyone is suddenly back on schedule. There are sports starting back up and tryouts for any number of things, with games and dances and hayrides...AAGGHH! My head is going to pop off.

But winter is calm, as I mentioned before. I especially love when there is a snow day. I like building a fire in the fireplace and knowing that no matter what, we are home for the day. The girls and I just relax and spend the day with no agenda. I do not even mind when the phone rings at 5:30 AM to tell us school is cancelled. It is like winning a raffle or something.

I am determined to slow the pace down here at my house this weekend. I want to enjoy my girls and sip some cider. Maybe we can poke around some stores and get some great sales! Just some girl time. We can pretend that it is a snow day and get a movie or two. Anything to just cherish these young women while I can. I realize more and more each day how each season brings them nearer to graduation and college and then life. I do not want to look back and only remember the winters. I guess I better get going so I can pick up some cider, maybe I will get myself a carmel apple. I think it would help me relax, don't you?

No comments: