Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 248 The Perfect Mom Project


One question…why when it is a morning when I can sleep in, is it the morning that my family hits the snooze, walks and talks the loudest and turns up the radio? Wednesday mornings are my sleep in morning, and for whatever reason either my own body wakes up anyway, or there is some kind of commotion going on that wakes me up. I guess I should just get up, and stop kidding myself that I can sleep in on Wednesday mornings.

 
I am off to visit Aunt Nina today; it has been a week since I have visited with her. Apparently she is not feeling well, she has been coughing and she has a slight fever. I have called the new community where she is living and left three messages inquiring on her, and no one has called me back. Now I am annoyed, it seems like this move has been good for Aunt Nina so far, but if I cannot get feedback on how she is doing, we are going to have a problem. I cannot get there as often as I would like, because of distance and time, so I count on them to keep me updated. Hopefully, I can speak with someone today and get this straightened out.

 
I am also going to take Aunt Nina a Prom dress, yes, I said Prom dress. Tomorrow night is their Senior Prom at the community she is living in, and I found a very pretty dress at the Salvation Army and took it to the cleaners. I hope that she will not flip out about me bringing her something to wear. I just want to help make the event special for her. After all those months sitting in that boring nursing home, I want to help her have a little fun.

Just to make my day even more special, today I am having a Mammogram. I have not had one in a couple years, so it is way past time. Last year, I did not have a lot of time, with flying back and forth to see my Mom, and then her Memorial service. So it is time to make sure I am in proper working order. I seem to be fairly awake, despite my restless morning, so I plan to make it a good day. Even with a Mammogram I can make it a good day if I try hard enough, so that's what I will do. Wish me luck!

No comments: