Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 235 The Perfect Mom Project

This morning we were off to the orthodontist at 7:30 AM. Now at 8:30 AM we are getting ready to go to the funerals. Mark is heading out to our friends Dad's funeral and Aly and I are headed to my girlfriends Mom's funeral. This will be a sad day. We love our friends and we are sad for their loss, but we also know that both families are happy that their loved ones are at peace.

The best we can hope for is to be a comfort to our friends and their family as we share this final day with them and their loved one. I pray that we can say all the right things and be good friends in this difficult time. As difficult as this week has been to come home to, it will never compare to what our friends have had to deal with.

Tomorrow I will be going to see Aunt Nina and making plans to move her to her new home. I will be approaching this with a new heart, since I now know that losing her would be much more difficult then I realized. I will try to approach her with more patience and more love. I also realize that Mark and I are all she has now.

I am certain with everything that I have let fall off the family map this week, that I am very low on the perfect mom scale, but I cannot be everywhere and do everything, so this week, I hope I can just make it through by just being an OK Mom.

No comments: