Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 246 The Perfect Mom Project


I really do not want to start my perfect mom project over, but I do feel like in the last two weeks I undid a lot of the progress I had made. So here I am trying to get back up to speed with my project and Avery tells me that while she was using my DS game she misplaced a piece that goes with the game. Hmmn, is it possible that perhaps I am being tested for some reason? As I try to explain to Avery why I might be annoyed that she misplaced a part of my game, she becomes aggravated with me. I see myself sliding down the slippery slope of imperfect mothering all over again. Is it really that unreasonable that I would be annoyed that she lost a part of my game? I don't think so, but she begs to differ. Fortunately during this verbal tousle the piece is found and we can move on to more important things to annoy her about, like taking a bottle of water to school with her.

 
I have to keep reminding myself that no one is truly perfect and that the hardest part of being a mom is realizing that we are people too and that imperfection is a human condition. I spend way too much time looking at other moms and comparing myself to them. By doing this, I have learned some good things that I have added to my mothering line up, and I have also learned some things that I will definitely avoid. While I hope that I am someday recognized for trying my best to be a good mom if not a perfect one, I realize that right now my youngest children swing back and forth like a pendulum on when I am good at mothering and when they consider me bad and wish they could move out.

 
I guess all I can do is keep plugging away at this Mom thing and hopefully when all is said and done I will have three finished products that I am proud of. The side note to that is that I also hope that they are proud of me too. Time will tell if this all works out, but no one will be able to accuse me of not trying. Actually, my Mom use to tell me I was very trying…whatever!


Todays photo is of me making waffles for my family

No comments: