Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 222 The Perfect Mom Project


In just about an hour, I will be climbing into my car to go pick up Ashleigh and bring her to our house. It is a two hour ride and I usually spend that time thumbing through everything that is stuck in my head. Today I am hoping to just enjoy the music and sing along. I really do not want to think about the stuff in my head for a change.

 
Ashleigh and I cooked up this scheme to hang out together. Ashleigh and Scott were planning to come down to have an early Easter dinner and go to church with us on Saturday (tomorrow) and then word came that Scott might have to work and only come later for dinner. That was fine, but it would take away from the Mommy/daughter time I had been looking forward to. So we hatched (OK, I hatched it) this plan for me to pick her up. Scott will come here after work tomorrow and we will enjoy our time with our wonderful son-in-law too.

 
I am looking forward to spending time with my oldest daughter. She is always a great reminder of what our parenting finished product is like. It is a comfort to know that we have one good kid under our belt and it builds our hope that the other two will continue on that path also. As long as I do not screw it up by over parenting my youngest who I think would prefer to be raised by wolves then to have me discuss her room or clothing with her anymore! I have to say though last night before her girlfriends came for the sleepover she ran to brush her hair without my even mentioning that she should.

LOOK, over there, a little ray of hope!

So, off I go to pick up my oldest daughter and my granddog and bring them back to visit. I need to kick in to high gear; I have much to do and not a lot of time.

No comments: