Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 241 The Perfect Mom Project

Todays photo is Ashleigh my prototype opening a cookbook on Christmas morning 2009
Aly was on cloud nine this morning. She will do the play she is in for the school today and tomorrow is opening night. She is very excited and she is talking nonstop. I am doing my best not to stump on her good mood, but I did have to mention to her that the toothbrush cap that has sat on the bathroom counter since we got back from Ashleigh's on Sunday was now sitting on my last nerve. I had decided not to pick it up, since very often that is what I do and then it magically gets washed and put away by the special cleaning fairy.

 
I have a very bad attitude about that these days. I think my habit of just taking care of this stuff as I go through my day just might be the reason that my girls look at me like I have a third eye when I ask for help with things. I am sure they are thinking why can't the special fairy that always helps us help you instead? Now, I think I will have to be more aware of what I am doing. Better to leave the toothbrush cap and mention it randomly then to pick it up, I could be helping her learn to pick up after herself. I could also be aggravating her, but that part I am not worried about.

 
Avery is home sick today. She has been fighting a cold for a few days and she just needs to get some extra rest. I will not be here much to nurture her though. I have my annual physical today and then I have to run and see my Aunt Nina. I have her phone for her new room at the senior community. I will pretty much just drop off the phone visit for a few minutes and then head home to check on Avery. I do feel like I am handing out slices of myself these days. It is sort of like, one for me and one for you, only it feels like I have less slices then most people. I really do not mind any of the things that I am doing, it is just that somewhere along the way I need some down time. Ashleigh is coming down tomorrow to go to the play with us tomorrow night, so I will enjoy spending time hanging out with her.

 
I have to say, having been to Ashleigh's house, she turned out OK. She keeps her house clean and does her laundry too. So maybe the other two will turn out tidy after all. I guess a Mom can dream. I am positive that the cleaning fairy did not move in with Ashleigh and Scott, so it has to be a seed that was planted at some point perhaps even by me. It is kind of nice having a finished prototype, something to go back and look at when your next model isn't just right. It helps remind you that despite the problems the end product turns out great.

No comments: