Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 229 The Perfect Mom Project


The first parent rule of today as we sent our girls off to breakfast on their own after they slept in this morning, sit together, but do not speak to each other. This was a precaution against an uprising in the dining room. Despite our best efforts, perhaps there has been a little too much togetherness. Now Aly is sound asleep in a hammock by the pool, so I am hoping she wakes up and is back to her pleasant vacation self!

 
Second parent rule of the day was to put on sunscreen. That did not compute for Avery apparently since she looks like a lobster and is complaining about being in pain. She is tired, sore and crabby. This makes for a very unpleasant vacation situation. Aly is crabby because after our very late dinner reservation at the hotels Spanish restaurant, she wanted to call her friends that are here so they could hang out and we would not let her. She feels like we are mean, and do not care about her social life. Mostly we just care about getting some rest, since we are planning to get up and watch the sun rise. Third parent rule of the day, Mom and Dad's vote counts more than anyone else's!

 
I am ready to close my eyes and get some rest. Who knew that laying around in the sun doing nothing could tire us all out so much? I am hoping that the next couple of days slow down just a little; I would like to savor them as much as I can. No matter what we are headed home on Monday, regardless of how much sleep we have had, or how much togetherness and sun, so let's make the best of it. At this point I am so tired I have no idea what I am even writing, so that is all for today!

No comments: