Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 232 The Perfect Mom Project

I am aboard the airline on my way home. We have spent the first part of our day doing the reverse version of our trip to Mexico. We checked out of our hotel boarded a bus went through security and ate a tasteless expensive lunch in the airport. Now we are winging 1700 miles back to the United States. We are ready to be home!

Last night was not pretty, Momma had a meltdown. It is hard to explain exactly what set me off, but I felt like my whole family did not get it that we had to get it together to go home. On top of that I kept setting things out of the way and then forgetting where I put them. It went from bad to worse as I started to feel like Mark and the girls were ganging up on me. Jeez, Mom, if that's your real name! So after dinner and some visiting with our travel companions we headed to our room and to bed.

We are all ready to be home in our own beds and eating our own food. We just have to make it through the airport customs routine once we land and then out to our waiting bus to take us home. Tomorrow brings a whole new day that includes shopping for tires for Mark's car. He had a flat the day before we left and it is not repairable, so tires will be our souvenir for coming home. On top of the fact that Mark will need my car to get to work since his is out of order, we are also out of toilet paper, paper towels and food. We also have five suitcases full of laundry for me to do. I will be a very busy Mom and Wife tomorrow. Perhaps my hard work will make up for my temper tantrum the other night. All I know is that I will hit the ground running tomorrow, making sure that my family is "up and at em" first thing in the morning, rising and shining and back to our real lives.

It's is going to be a long short week for all of us! Just a side note, I am actually posting this from 35,000 feet in the air…how cool is that?!

No comments: