Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 236 the Perfect Mom Project


It's Friday! It feels good to be at the end of the week, but I honestly do not know how we got here. It feels like our plane landed Monday night and we woke up to Friday morning, the entire week is a blur. The next few days will be busy too. Today I go to see my aunt and start packing her up for her move on Monday, plus I will be dropping off the paperwork I have filled out, to the new senior living community in preparation for my aunts arrival there. I will also grocery shop today since my family insists on eating. Somehow we still have to mow our yard, which will be a real trick since we still do not have a lawn mower (it blew up at the end of last summer).

 
The house is still in post vacation turmoil, and so am I. It is not a good feeling. I like to be on my game, but that is not going to happen any time soon. The bright spot in the coming weekend is that we are going to see Ashleigh and Scott, and pick up my dog Roxanne. While it adds another layer of things to do, it will be good to see them. Before we can do that Aly needs to get through school and two play practices and Avery has school and a soccer game tomorrow. Somewhere over the rainbow is some down time.

 
I do have to say that my girls have been awesome this week, neither one has complained or whined about anything. They have moved through this week with Mark and me with grace and maturity. I guess that we must be doing something right over here. Now if we can just get through the 39 some odd days that are left in the school year that would be great. We are coming into the busy time of the year with plays and concerts, honors evenings and soccer games. If we can just stay as calm and focused as our family has been this week, we just might make it through. In the mean time, I am planning on taking it one day at a time!
Todays photo is just a beautiful reminder of where we were just one week ago...

No comments: