Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 243 The Perfect Mom Project

Todays photo is of my Star!


Last night all of yesterday morning's frustrations washed away as I watched my middle daughter perform in the opening night of her school musical. I was in awe of the gift she has. I have been here before, my oldest daughter Ashleigh got the bug for performing as a freshman and she was in every show there after and now the tradition continues with Aly. I just sat in my seat holding my heart so that it would not burst out of my chest! It just amazes me that we were the same people ready to throttle each other in the morning and in the evening she was my sweet talented daughter and I was bursting with pride.

I guess in a way it is like child birth, you go through the pain and discomfort to have a child and then after you realize how wonderful your creation is, you are willing to go through it all over again for another child. It is the blessing of forgetting. You forget that it hurt, you forget the discomfort and you forget how hard it is to have a baby and raise a child. That same blessing of forgetfulness helped lift Aly and I over the anger hump and on to the more level love plateau. When she walked in the door from school yesterday she started talking to me and I just reached out and grabbed her in a hug. That was a great hug I felt all the anger and frustration melt away and the gift of forgetting began when we both said "I'm sorry".

Today is a new day and I hope that if nothing else, I can remember that love does heal all wounds and that no matter how I feel when I see laundry cluttering my counter, or the girls are talking back to me, we are still family and they are a part of who I am. That also makes my revenge sweet, because one day, my girls are going to say something or see themselves in a mirror and I will be there, in the way they think, or laugh or even in the way they look as they age. That's when they will realize…they are like their mother. Bahahahahahaha!

No comments: