Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 131 The Perfect Mom Project


Happy New Year!!

It is hard to believe that we are in a new year. It seems like just yesterday, I was complaining about my kids and family…oh, wait that was just yesterday!
OK, that was just a little joke to get the new year off right!

As we visited with our friends last night, someone reminded me of the party we had at our house in the year 2000. We were talking about how that year we were all worried about things happening because some computers might not recognize the date change from the 1900’s to the 2000’s. We had all been warned about all the devastating things that might happen. I know at the time I went out and bought some duct tape and plastic sheeting. I also stocked up on water, because that is what we were told we needed to do. Two things struck me about this conversation. First, I thought it was funny that we all got caught up in the frenzy and worried about what was going to happen. Second, I could not believe that that was 10 years ago.

10 years? How did that happen? I was just loping along minding my own business and 10 years just whips by! I guess I should get serious about this whole living thing and make the next 10 years really awesome. I think I can do it. I have a good base, starting with a great husband who I am extremely grateful to have (no matter what I say when I am aggravated) in my life, great kids (including my Son-in law) and the very best friends anyone could ask for. With that solid ground I am good to go for another 10 years.
Today I am spending the day with Mark and the girls. Mark is making us red beans and rice today. He attempts this for us every so often on New Years day, because the Cajuns believe it will bring good luck. Any shot at good luck and I want in on it, so if it means I eat red beans and rice then that is just what I will do! Besides, I love when Mark cooks, he loves cooking and he always makes something that I would never attempt. We will be off in just a short while to pick up the girls from their sleepovers. I hope that everyone comes home in a good mood and we can hang out watching movies and playing games and enjoying each other, which is what New Years day is all about. Tomorrow will be the day we step out into the world and get at the business of another 10 years. Today, it is just us and I am looking forward to it.

No comments: