Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 132 The Perfect Mom Project


Well, I have to say Mark made the very best red beans and rice ever! It was delicious. It was a 24 hour process that required the beans to soak overnight and then the beans with the yummy sausage and ham and garlic, onion and green pepper had to simmer for four hours. It was lots of work, but worth every minute. The other bonus is that we will now enjoy a year of good luck, or at least that is what the Cajun’s believe.


As I woke up this morning my mind was wondering over various topics and it suddenly came to me how truly fortunate I am. Many years ago, when I was a child, I would dream of living a life like I have now. I honestly thought that the life I have now was a dream. I would always hope that someday I would have a home and a wonderful husband, but I never really thought it would happen. Its not like I did not know how fortunate I am until today, but it was a nice mental tap on the shoulder reminding me that I am living the life that I once could only dream of.

As I type my blog each day, I can look out my window and see my backyard. I am able to see the sun and snow, the green grass and the rain. I can see my garden in the summer and the icicles in the winter it is a constant reminder that miracles do happen and dreams do come true. As sure as the seasons change, your life can change too. I heard once that if you want something to happen you have to visualize it happening. Whether it is a change in how you live or what you are doing, if you believe it will change and you see the change in your minds eye, it will change. I am also positive that prayer is another opportunity to put your coin into the fountain of destiny.

I will never know for sure exactly what made the dream that I had come true, I just know that it did and I am happier now then I have ever been. There will always be those people or days that test that, obviously it cannot be smooth sailing all the time. You have to have those bumps in the road to help you see where you are, so that you can appreciate where you are going. As this year unfolds before me, I look forward to the road ahead. Regardless of whether the road has bumpy parts or smooth parts, it is a great place to be. Only time will tell if the red beans and rice will bring our family good luck. It was a great meal regardless of anything else and we toasted the New Year together. That was a dream come true all on its own!

No comments: