Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 137 The Perfect Mom Project

I need to go to the grocery store. I just went, and I have to go back. Agh, is all I can think. I cannot think of any good dinner ideas, and it is bugging the heck out of me. Mark and I shopped on Sunday and then the girls and I went to a local produce store yesterday for salad stuff and today, I am back to square one.


This is not good news for someone that has been in cooking and grocery shopping limbo. My brain is refusing to think like a good wife and mother should think. All I keep thinking is…I don’t want to go. I am not thinking that in a calm and to the point way either, I am thinking I don’t want to go in a whiney way. Agh!! I seem to get little spurts of cooking and shopping interest, and then they are gone. I think I have only 3 good meals per week in me and then I am done. My interest wanes and my energy drops. I do not see why anyone needs more then 3 dinners a week anyway.

I am going to plod back upstairs in a few minutes and try to come up with a plan for dinner tonight. I have had some suggestions, but nothing is in the final planning stages yet. Perhaps I will be more motivated after I thumb through a cookbook or two. We shall see. I am a little nervous; this whole attitude problem could ruin my shot at PMH (perfect motherhood) status. I will just have to trust that you will keep this little slip up to yourself.

No comments: