Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 140 The Perfect Mom Project

Yesterday was a fun day! There was a surprise 50th birthday party for a good friend of mine. It was fun to ride to the party with my other girlfriends and laugh and chat about the surprise and how we almost blew it by saying something to our friend, or how we had avoided her at different points, because we were afraid we would blow it. The party was put on by her Mom and Dad and it was great to see the family and friends that poured into the room to celebrate our dear friend.


She was truly surprised when she arrived, that made all the sneaking around and almost spilling the beans all the sweeter, because we helped pull off a fun event in her honor and caught her off guard to boot! This friend of ours is a gentle spirit that is always working to make sure everyone is happy. She is at times the one who wears the devil horns and gets us into situations we did not plan on, and then other times she is the calm in the storm of your life. I do not think I have ever heard anyone say anything unkind about her. She is a giant walking heart.

As I watched her family and friends around her I was amazed at how loved she was. She has a gift of friendship that everyone feels and wants to be near. At one point during the day, (because her Mom had pulled this party together), someone near me said, “There is nothing like the love between a Mother and her daughter.” At first when I heard that I went to a dark place and I was sad that I did not have that. I had never had that with my Mom. She would never have done anything like this party for me, and we never had this kind of “love”. On the other side of that though, I do have that with my own daughters and seeing how special this time was for my friend, I would want to help my children celebrate the mile stones in their lives. Especially since I just said yesterday, that it is important to celebrate those special moments in your life, no matter what they are.

Today, I am celebrating the quiet. Ashleigh and Scott have headed home for the weekend and then they will be going to a hotel next week. Mark and the girls are still sleeping, still trying to recover from the holidays and all the late nights, I guess. It is just me and my thoughts, and of course, my DS with its new game that I love playing all the time. I hope that once they are all up, we can just relax. I have been running all week, and next week is the same way I have something everyday next week! I like being busy, but I am so emotionally charged right now that I am not enjoying it. I am fighting the desire to run away and hide somewhere. I hope that a little down time today with no decision making might help recharge me just a little. I can only hope! I will also be remembering the great time with good friends and the surprise on my girlfriends face; it was a moment to remember! Happy Birthday Girlfriend!! You Rock!!




No comments: