Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 190 The Perfect Mom Project

Today I will have a companion when I head back to the doctor. Avery is staying home from school. She has been complaining of tiredness and trouble sleeping for a few days and since that is how my malady began, I thought it would be wise to have her checked out too. I have sent her back to bed and now except for the washing machine running and the neighbor's dogs barking like crazy, the house is calm and quiet.

 
I like the morning quiet, it regenerates me. I feel like it is my own form of meditation. Just quietly sitting and thinking and writing. It is exciting to also note that I am hearing the birds chirping which is a great sign that despite the cold we might be turning a little toward spring. Somehow in the last few months I became so caught up in the rush and hurry and lost touch with this time of quiet that I so desperately need. Something inside of me needs that quiet to stay centered and focused. Now that I have had the time to feel this again, I want to hang on to it.

 
It is amazing how simple it is. Just being able to sit in the quiet and reflect; what a gift this is. I hope in the days and weeks to come I can remember how important this time of reflection is for me and care enough for myself to take the time. Listening to the birds and the wind blowing the chimes, and just a hint of morning sunshine does the body good. Now, if I could just get those dogs to stop their incessant barking!

No comments: