Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 193 The Perfect Mom Project


Well, I spent some time yesterday on Google looking up this medicine I am on. Apparently, sleeplessness is one of the minor side effects. Not only that, it also has the potential to make you unexplainably happy. There was a long list of side effects some major and some minor, but those two stood out for me. First of all I consider sleeplessness a major side effect. Personally, the last few days have not been easy. Up before dawn has even thought about cracking is darn early, and trying to maintain a family and life on that much sleep is not pretty. Second, mix in the unexplainable happiness and you have yourself a village idiot!

 
After two and a half days of that, I took matters into my own hands and skipped the last dose last night. The goal was to sleep past 2 or 3 AM, and it worked. I actually slept until 4:30 AM and woke up tired with a little pain in my chest. The pain concerned me, and I had some guilt about changing my dosage, but I liked that I did not wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed like some Stepford wife ready to do all my duties with a wacky unexplainable grin. I have decided that I will continue to skip the daily third dose of this stuff for the remainder of the prescription. As I have mentioned before, I am not a doctor, but I like to pretend I am, which means that I will take matters into my own hands to maintain some sort of realistic personality and sleep regime.

 
This hopefully will not mess up my recovery, because I am ready to get back at my life the way it was. Including, working out which the doctor put on hold for the last two weeks. I also want to interact with my family using my normal personality. This happy go lucky one is great, but I knew something was wrong the other night when I was playing a game on my DS and when my little man bit the dust I started laughing so hard I started to cry. Aly took one look at me and said "Jeez Mom!" Jeez Mom is right, who is this person? I like the happy part and hope to hang onto the feeling, but I would like to lower the intensity just a little. I do not want my family getting use to the super happy me, they might be disappointed when the real me is back. They just might want me to go back on this stuff!

No comments: