Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 209 The Perfect Mom Project


What happened? We were happily enjoying the lovely warm (66 degrees) weather, walking around without coats and even boldly slipping on our sandals. Even my crocuses decided to pop out and enjoy the glorious weather. This morning it is suddenly cold (35 degrees) and grey. It feels like someone has let the air out of our balloon (I LOVE balloons!). No more riding around with my sunglasses on with the music up too loud in my car, back to my warm jacket, drab winter colors and talk radio.

 
It amazes me how the weather can affect me. The brighter and sunnier that it is outside the brighter and sunnier that I become, I am assuming a lot of people are that way, because as it starts to get more spring like, people seem to be friendlier. I know with the weather being so wonderful the last few days many of us probably got a little too big for our britches and started acting like we had battled winter and won. I am sorry to tell you that looking out my window this morning, this is not true. We just may have been experiencing the lull before the storm. Mark is telling me that there is a 70 % chance of snow today, which means (besides the fact that Mark is a spoil sport) that winter, was just messing with our heads. The joke is on us.

 
We will just have to suck it up and make it a good weekend in spite of the weather. As of last night, Aly is not feeling well and running a low grade fever. I am hoping that she is better when she wakes up this morning; she had a fun weekend ahead of her. Avery is at a sleepover, their plan was to go out at midnight last night and get the new release of the vampire movie New Moon and then watch it. I am sure she will be a little on the grumpy side when we pick her up today. It could be a good day for Mark and me to go out and have some couple time! As for Aly I do not want to be the one that has to tell her that she cannot do all the things on her agenda, because she does not feel well. Perhaps I will let Mark do it he seems good at sharing the facts.

No comments: