Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 195 The Perfect Mom Project


I know, I know, I have to write my blog…but my mind cannot seem to focus this morning. I keep thumbing through a list in my mind and poking around websites on the computer and nothing mothering or very family related is surfacing to write about.
I am FRUSTRATED!! I have been growing gradually larger in bust size over the last five years and I do not know why. I am certain it has something to do with hormones and menopause, but other than that I have no information. As I was out shopping the other day I did my usual swing through Lord and Taylor at the Mall. I like scouring the clearance racks for fabulous deals and I generally will poke around lingerie to see if there are any cute and comfy bras to fit my constantly changing cup size. That is the other issue. I am still the same size around that I have always been; my cup size just keeps getting larger. I went to "my size" on the rack and grabbed a pretty nude bra and a black one that looked the same and headed to the dressing room. I was excited, the bras were on sale, I had a 15% off coupon and I had Christmas gift cards for Lord and Taylor, this was meant to be!
I stepped into the dressing room and closed the door. I was certain that today was the day I was going to find the elusive comfortable and pretty bra of my dreams. I put on the nude colored bra and…SUCCESS! Unbelievable! In my head trumpets were playing and I was full of pride at how my determination had paid off. At last a comfortable and pretty bra and it was just my size! I decided I should see what the brand name was on the bra, (because I knew I would be buying more of these) so I turned the tag over to check for the name and was shocked to discover that I had picked up a bra that was the next cup size up from what I have been wearing. I grabbed the black bra and looked at it; nope it was the size I have been wearing. Somehow the bra Gods had intervened and slipped me the proper humongous size to try on. Obviously, I had to buy this bra that fit right and was a great deal, but now I had another "big" problem.
We are leaving on a sunny beach oriented vacation soon and I have no swimsuits that fit me properly. I tried on the suits that I wore when we vacationed about six years ago, but when I wear them now, I look like a giant hooch! Now I know why, because I am abnormally shaped with the abnormal being on the top half of my body. Swimsuit shopping is tough enough without the added stress of being impossible to fit. When I was blissfully ignorant of my size, I assumed that the swimsuit makers were idiots, now I know that I am the idiot and I have to get moving and find something to lay on the beach and by the pool in. I was poking around online the last few days and it is not easy to find swimsuits for someone like myself. I pointed out one to my husband and he thought it was just OK, and when I explained that the $88.00 price tag was just for the top alone, I nearly lost him.
This is not going to be an easy task at all! Gone are the days of popping on a cute suit I love at the store, this is going to be work, and I do not have a lot of time or a lot of money to make all of this happen. I have two children that will need items for the trip as well as my husband, who would be happy wearing anything, but is in definite need. Suddenly I am in a state of panic to go along with my sticker shock! There is no way around this, I just have to dive in (just a little pun) and get to it. I am faced with continuing to heal (from this lung issue) and getting myself out there to shop. Add to that, motivating my children to try on their clothes from last summer to see what will pass or fail and I am really behind the eight ball. So, gangway, I am on a roll and being top heavy once I get going you are going to have a tough time stopping me!

No comments: