Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 96 The Perfect Mom Project

Check! That is one challenge off my list for the week. I cannot begin to describe the emotions I felt yesterday. I wanted to grab each one of my sisters and hug them, they are all struggling with what is happening here and none of them seem able to talk about it. What my parents have always considered a down fall of mine seems to be paying off. That is the fact that I have to talk about everything!

A while back I joked about my decision rotation. This is where I take something I have decided and turn it over in my head reanalysing it over and over to make sure that I am thinking and doing the right thing. I also do that with with my life in general. I spend a lot of time looking at what is happening and talking about it with Mark and my circle of friends. This has saved me in the last few weeks. Talking with people has helped me set in place how I will respond to the events of this week. It has made me stronger knowing that family and friends are there listening and praying.

I am not sure my sisters have that in their lives, I hope they do. I have reached out as best I can, but we are all looking at what is happening through different lenses. My lens is my Mom. She was not a great Mom, but she was the Mom that God wanted me to have. It was part of his plan for me, so I need to honor that. Today, I will honor her and speak for her as the family gathers to hear what my Dad has up his sleeve. I am very concerned that he is not thinking in his right mind.

It will just be good to know exactly what he is up to, so we can finally deal with the truth. It will be nice to finally see and hear his plan. I know that for me it will take what I have been worrying about for weeks out of my mind and into reality. That will be a blessing. Many times what we worry about is much worse then reality. We shall see.

No comments: