Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 94 The Perfect Mom Project

ROAD TRIP! I am writing to you today from the road. We have been driving most of the night, minus a stop along the way for a nap. It is now 8:00 AM and we are in Mississippi.

We had a couple of scary moments, when the cars electrical system completely shut down. We were at a rest area in Alabama, and as Mark went to start the car, everything went black. EEK! After several minutes of phone conversation with one of my sisters that is road tripping too, Mark lifted the hood and jiggled some wires and TA DA, everything was back up and running. We have been very jumpy ever since. Once we get to New Orleans we will have a variety of relatives to check it out and tell us what we should do. That should be fun.

At this point I am feeling pretty good, very little anxiety, but maybe not having much sleep has made me this way. Perhaps I will stay up the entire time I am in New Orleans. On the other hand Mark would have to carry me everywhere and prop me up in various positions, because I would not have the energy to move myself.

The girls are holding up well. No major disagreements so far. They were watching a movie last night (on the portable DVD player)and laughing so much that it made Mark and me laugh too. We have also talked with the girls about how difficult it will be to see their Papa. Mark and I have warned them that with him as sick as he is, he will not look the same. We do not want them to be unprepared. We have also told them that they can talk with us about anything and we will answer them as best we can. We do not want this trip to upset them. Actually, I do not want it (the trip)to upset me either, but I am prepared for anything at this point.

We should be near my Dad's home in about 2 1/2 hours, we will have some breakfast, freshen up, and go to see him and "The Girlfriend" before we head to our hotel. Finally, the weeks of stress and worry are about to play out. Please stand by!

No comments: