Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 80 The Perfect Mom Project


What a beautiful morning this is. Before the sun came up, I could see the stars so clearly and just a slice of moon hung in the sky. It is the mornings like this that I always sense hope in the crystal cool air.

We have the girls school conferences this week. Last night we had Aly's conferences at the high school and tonight we have Avery's at the middle school. These evenings are a little more fun then Open Houses at the schools. During conferences, you have a chance to see more people and chat (or as Mark says play with your little friends). I see nothing wrong with making a long evening into a little bit of fun for me.

Lets think about this, last night we stood on average for 20 minutes in each teachers line. Aly has 6 hours of classes, which equals TWO HOURS! Aly does well in school, so conferences usually go pretty quick. What if she was a difficult child, or she struggled with some subjects? Can you imagine how long we would be there? I think it is completely appropriate for me to seek entertainment while I am waiting.

As we stood in line after line, Mark would point out different friends of mine to me. "Look there is Cheryl, look there is Shelly, isn't that your friend from PTO?" Then he would say "You can go talk to her if you want." At one point we were standing in line and Mark said to me, "I will be right back, I want to talk to somebody." I thought that's weird, who is he going to talk to? I watched as he went to throw something into a trash can. I think he was getting a little jealous.

With Avery's conferences tonight, I hope things go a little more quickly. I know I will see more people I know, and I will try to control my desire to be a social butterfly. I am not making any promises though, I am almost positive I could not keep them.

No comments: