Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 93 The Perfect Mom Project


Well, I went to the doctor yesterday, and big shock...I had the flu. He has put me on some medicine to help get me back on track for the trip to New Orleans. I seriously thought that I had an animal jammed into my sinuses! I could not breath through my nose at all, I sounded like Darth Vader. I am extremely stressed, because I am not on my game for our trip this week. I usually have snacks packed and the car ready to go. I will be lucky if I get myself in the car.

That being said, Mark has really been working hard to try to keep the house running smoothly. Yesterday he left work early to go and get my prescription filled. I was still running a low grade fever and looked like something the cat dragged in. I was certain that everyone would run out of the pharmacy if I went in to get my prescription. Once Mark got back with the prescription he handed it to me and we both realized it was the wrong thing. The doctor had written the prescription for cough medicine, not the antibiotic I had been expecting. AARRGGH, now we had to call the doctor and Mark had to go back out to get the right stuff. I am sure that Mark will be delighted when I am back on track and he can take off the Mom hat.

Everyone here is filled with anxiety. Some of it I am sure is caused by my own anxiety, OK it is all from my anxiety, I admit it. I think it is a combination of not being prepared like I like to be, and not knowing what to expect once I get down south. Once I actually shower and get myself ready to go today, I hope that I feel a little more prepared for the trip. I need to run and get some road snacks and do a few last minute errands before we leave. Hopefully the showering and activity will kick my Mom butt back into action. I would cross my fingers, but that would only slow me down.

The girls are packed, but I have no idea what they have in their suitcases, I just hope that everyone remembers undies. I have not been able to nag them like I usually do, so who knows, maybe they can handle this all by themselves. That would be a really nice surprise, on the one hand and a little sad on the other hand. What if they do not need me anymore? What would I write about? How to be a perfect Mom to kids who do not need you? Maybe, I am getting ahead of myself, I will wait and see how all this plays out over the next few days.

No comments: