Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 73 The Perfect Mom Project


Each morning as I come to write to you, I stop and pour myself a hot steamy cup of coffee. I have tried writing without it and I always feel like I am off my game. Something about the smell of the coffee and the warmth of the cup seems almost like a little hug. Sometimes, as I am thinking about what words to use, or how to express an emotion, I will grab the cup and hold it close to me. It is almost like my own little security blanket.

This morning as I hold my mug close I am struggling with what to share with you today. I am full of so many feelings and emotions that I cannot even begin to sort them into a convenient cohesive order to share. I know in the past I have mentioned that I feel like I am living out my own soap opera, and today I feel like the woman in the show that you might be watching and thinking, "She is so clueless, can't she see that_____?". You will have to fill in the blank, because I am sure that you have felt that way numerous times in the last 73 days and just have not wanted to say anything.

Today, I open the floor to you. Not because I do not want to write, but more because sometimes others who are on the outside can see more clearly then those of us on the inside. So as I huddle closely with my cup of java, I will wait to hear from you. I am eager for you to share your thoughts and feelings about what you have read here in the last 73 days. Just take a minute and hit the comment button at the bottom of this post and share with me. It will be an honor to hear from you.

No comments: