Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 49 The Perfect Mom Project

Well Homecoming is over...phew, the game, the dance, everything. Now we can move on to bigger and better things, which according to Avery is Halloween.

Aly spent a good amount of time on her preparations for the dance yesterday. There were only a couple of tense moments. We did a couple of things different with her hair from the original run through last weekend, and I am not sure that was a good idea, but she still looked beautiful. One of her friends invited all the girls to her house for dinner before hand and another invited all the girls back to her house for a sleepover after the dance. It will be a very tired daughter that is returned to me later today. I am so happy that Aly has friends that enjoy going to the school activities. It was always fun for me to get involved in the school events. Watching her get involved and seeing her so excited is a real thrill!

Both of the girls went to the Homecoming game on Friday night in the pouring rain. They actually stayed a lot longer then I thought they would. Once they got home though they both needed a hot bath to warm up. I have to say that being in the cold and rain is not my cup of tea, but as long as they are having fun, I am good with it.

There is so much going on in our life right now that if there is a chance to stop and have some fun, we are going to take it! Life is short and every minute counts, so I am not going sit around boo hooing over everything when I could be spending time with my family. I am not sure what a perfect Mom would do, but today this Mom is doing things her way!

No comments: