Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 64 The Perfect Mom Project

Yesterday was a beautiful Fall day, the kind you hope will come along so that you can take a drive or walk and enjoy the colors. That is just what we did. After picking Avery up
from her sleepover Mark and I asked the girls if they would like to join us for a color tour. Aly was the only one that wanted to join us for our adventure. Avery was dragging after her long night of hanging out with her girlfriends, and felt that a color tour was not something that sounded anywhere near fun. So off the three of us went. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed our time together. I remember laughing and enjoying the sights that Mother Nature had set out before us. I have posted a picture on todays blog of one of the moments that we shared. This time on our Fall color tour left me with a lovely Fall glow.
When we got back home, Mark and I decided to walk our dog over to the local cider mill and orchard, so that I could get my annual carmel apple. I am not sure why I do this every year. As usual, I was disappointed. It just was not how I remember caramel apples from my childhood. I have to say though that I am proud of myself for not giving up hope that someday it will be how I remember caramel apples to be.
Once we got back home, I began my making dinner ritual. At some point the girls started bickering. There was a lot of yelling (OK, I admit some yelling was from me) and crying and even some comments about how we favor one over the other. For Mom's sake people, knock it off! I am not sure how it started or why, I just wanted my glorious day back. That is pretty typical though, you are going along, having a wonderful day and thinking you may have finally overcome the dysfunction in your family and BAM!

Mark and I were able to get the two girls separated and calmed down after some intense parenting moments. However, my Fall glow was gone until I was able to look at the photos from our drive. I guess that is what is so great about life, you always get the good with the bad. Since today is Monday, I am going to use my Fall glow to jump start my week. This is the week of Halloween, so I am going to need all the help I can get to make it through. As usual, there is a long list of things going on here and one of them is the carving of pumpkins. All I can do is jump in with both feet and hopefully land on some firm perfect mom ground. Only time will tell.

No comments: