Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 48 The Perfect Mom Project

Where am I? Who am I? My head is spinning! Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotion. One minute we were leaving for New Orleans again and the next we were not. Finally Mark and I talked about it and he just said "stop!" Enough is enough, my daughter was looking forward to my being here for her and she comes first right now. We never got a clear diagnosis on my Stepfather (Dad) yesterday and apparently, they are going to do another biopsy on him on Monday.

I think I need to just opt out on all the running around. It is playing havoc with my emotions and the more I hear about what is going on down there, the more upset I get. I honestly feel like I have no one to turn to to protect what my interests are there. Things like all the family heirlooms that are in the house there, that are from my Mom and my Grandparents. I also can not stomach meeting the women that is now living in my mothers house and acting like it is her house. On top of the fact that this same woman and her mother were hired by my Stepfather (Dad) to care for my Mom last year. I am really not sure a face to face with her is a good idea.

I am certain that my Stepfather (Dad) has lost his mind. There really is no explanation for his behavior. He has told his girls that he is leaving the house, his Cadillac, his 401k and life insurance policy to this woman. Who does that? What the heck is he thinking. Plus, I also just found out that she is younger then me, and just a couple years older then one of my sisters. Yuck! The whole thing has my heart pounding. Obviously going down there right now is not the right choice for me.

I need to refocus on my children and make them my priority. When we know more about his condition I will evaluate if a trip down is a good idea. Right now I need to help Aly get ready for the Homecoming dance. Hopefully, Aly and Avery are warmed up after watching the homecoming game in the pouring rain last night. I am looking forward to our time together to day. Spending this time with my kids is what it is all about!

No comments: