Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 58 The Perfect Mom Project

I am kind of proud of myself. I have been cooking some darn good dinners! Things like homemade Beef Barley soup, and Lasagna. Tonight I am cooking a roast in the crock pot. I have rediscovered my love of cooking. I am not sure what happened, but it started when I pulled out some old cooking magazines.

I have two reasons to be happy. The first reason is that it makes my family happy that I am cooking good meals again. The second reason is that I like cooking, and I am enjoying finding the recipes and shopping for the things I need, and then preparing them for my family.

I still find myself a little defensive. I wait to see who is going to pick the dinner, and who is going to say something derogatory. So far, it has not been to bad. Nothing to upsetting, Avery does a lot of picking, but she is not a huge meat eater, so that's part of it. I hate that feeling, when the family does not like a meal. At one point a couple of years ago I refused to tell the kids what I was making for dinner, because I could not stand the comments and faces they would make if they did not like it. It always took the wind right out of my cooking sails.

Perhaps this new cooking season finds all of us a little more mature. I know I am trying real hard to make something yummy most nights, and that helps, but I like that I am not hearing to many negatives too! It helps spur me on to the next great meal. Hey, maybe that's all part of their plan. They are lulling me into a sense of confidence. I really do not care what it is, I like it! I hope it lasts a little while longer, I am just hitting my stride with this whole meal thing and I do not want anything to blow it! You will also be happy to know I have been able to keep bread in the house...Hmmmn...you know what, I better check that I do not want to get caught off guard again. Once again this whole perfection takes work, this is not for sissies.

No comments: